Re: [NTLK] Graphics, eBay, and batteries oh my!

From: Brian (bmcewen_at_mediaone.net)
Date: Mon Oct 08 2001 - 08:53:08 EDT

>on 08/10/01 00:04, SlashDevNull at SlashDevNull_at_mac.com wrote:
>> Is there anyway for the graphics created by a Newton to be exported or
>> translated during emailing? For example, say I make a drawing on the newton
>> and I email it. It shows up as an attachment with a '.nwt' extension. Is
>> there anyway to convert that to a bitmap or any other format before the
>> emailing so the recipient can view it?

        Look at the simplemail web site for "Sketchmail for Simplemail" (it
might be called something different- that was the original, and IIRC Simon
rewrote it a touch as the initial one was a little broken). It's the GIF
export option package, anyway.

You can email sketches as 4-color .gif's. I seem to recall a couple small
bugs but it mostly worked fine, and I played with it on my MP130 more than
the 2100.

        If I recall correctly you also were having the disappearing email
option, so it sounds like something on your MP may be kinda out of whack.
I'd delete all email related packages and prefs and storage and start over
installing from scratch. YMMV.

        Brian