Re: [NTLK] Graphics, eBay, and batteries oh my!

From: Laurent Daudelin (nemesys_at_cox.rr.com)
Date: Mon Oct 08 2001 - 00:35:11 EDT

on 08/10/01 00:04, SlashDevNull at SlashDevNull_at_mac.com wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have a few question about my MP2k.
>
> Is there anyway for the graphics created by a Newton to be exported or
> translated during emailing? For example, say I make a drawing on the newton
> and I email it. It shows up as an attachment with a '.nwt' extension. Is
> there anyway to convert that to a bitmap or any other format before the
> emailing so the recipient can view it?

I think there was an application that was doing this, but I don't remember
it. Usually, Newton drawings are kinda proprietary format and usually can't
be read by nothing other than a Newton.

> I am using NiMH batteries in my Newton. I remember reading somewhere that
> by using a piece of cardboard you can have the AC adapter recharge the
> batteries while the Newton is plugged in. Is this true and/or is this
> recommended?

If this is for your MP2K, then there is no button you can press with a piece
of cardboard. This trick is only good on MP110, MP120 and MP130. If you want
rechargeables in your MP2K, you'll have to get a rechargeable battery pack
specially designed for the MP2K.

> Has anyone done business on eBay with Maceasy.aol?

Nope.

> Also I have a bunch of names and notes that I had stored on my MP130.
> I have tried importing them into the MP2k but it kills my email option on
> the routing button. When I go to 'restore' I deselect everything except
> 'names. notes, and dates'. The folder names are created but nothing else.

Huh? What do email options have to do with that? Do a backup using NCU and
just restore to your new Newton, still with NCU. If the names don't show up,
that's probably because those names were filed in a folder that doesn't
exist on your MP2K>

-Laurent.