Re: [NTLK] Graphics, eBay, and batteries oh my!

From: Jon Glass (jonglass_at_usa.net)
Date: Mon Oct 08 2001 - 10:05:46 EDT

on 10/8/01 7:07 AM, SlashDevNull at SlashDevNull_at_mac.com wrote:

> I know! It is VERY goofy that it kills the email option on the routing
> button. The problem is that I don't have my MP130 anymore. All I have are
> the backups from Newton Backup Utility. And when I try to restore from them
> (just the names, notes, and dates - no packages) I get an error message that
> says that something I just installed is incompatible with email and it takes
> the email option away. That is what my previous email to the list was
> (about the email option not being there).

I wonder if the problem is your owner info or locations. They are also
stored in your names data. Now, of course, the problem is to remove them
from the backup...

--
Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland

"Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! - I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!" - Patrick Henry