Re: [NTLK] various eMate hardware questions - part II

From: Jon Glass (jonglass_at_usa.net)
Date: Tue Oct 09 2001 - 06:59:07 EDT

on 10/9/01 8:32 AM, Andre Baron at abaron_at_mac.com wrote:

> If you find such tool tell me what it is, I have 3 bolts on the disk rotor
> on my mountain bike I can't get off because of a very similar problem
> (granted they are allen bolts but..)

Isn't there a tool you can buy that fits in the chuck of a drill. It is like
a drill bit, but threaded backwards. As you drill into the screw, the force
serves to unscrew the bolt that is stuck. I've never needed one, and haven't
seen them personally, but it seems to me that something like this is
available.

--
Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland

"Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! - I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!" - Patrick Henry