[NTLK] NTLK Re: What could have been

From: David Nett (troilus1_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Oct 10 2001 - 12:41:20 EDT

I get lots of curious comments whenever I use my
uMP2k, some good, some bad, but the oddest
comments I get are from those folks who think I'm
using my Newt because I don't know any better.
I'll be using my Newt and someone will take out
his Palm and say "I bet you wish you had one of
these babies," or, "You know, Palm Pilot makes
much smaller PDAs," as though I'd been living in
a hole and had never heard of a Palm Pilot.

My favorite was this smartass (but cute)
geek-girl who worked in the IT department of a
now-dead dot-com at which I was a web designer.
We were in a meeting, me taking notes on my Newt,
she on her Palm, and she leaned over and
whispered to me "If you were using a Palm, I
could beam you my phone number." So, I created a
new contact called "I.M. Married" and beamed it
to her via BalkTalk.

It made me smile.

=====