Re: [NTLK] New Newton AC adapters cheap

From: Joel M. Sciamma (joelsciamma_at_compuserve.com)
Date: Thu Oct 11 2001 - 06:15:19 EDT

Laurent,

> Now, you need to remember that the original adapter will power any
> Newton, but will take significantly longer to recharge your NiMH battery
> pack in your MP2x00 or eMate (longer like a few hours as opposed to less
> than one hour with the latest adapter revision).

This has not been my experience. I have two eMate's and 2 MP2K's and they
both charge from empty in 30-45 minutes with the original charger.

I favour the use of the older charger with these machines as it reduces the
peak currents handled by the charging circuits thus helping to take the
strain off some of the internal components.

They are also so tiny for travelling about.

Joel.