Re: [NTLK] SER 001

From: Oliver Brose (oliver.brose_at_t-online.de)
Date: Thu Oct 11 2001 - 10:42:44 EDT

> Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2001 15:55:25 +0100
> From: Thomas Hart <those_at_mac.com>
> Subject: Re: [NTLK] SER 001
>
> Still, some colleagues are adamant that they need the 'reality' (I'm
> in philosophy) of paper and hard copy, but to that I just say that there
> were many people who shared their attitude after Guttenberg invented his
> little bit of technology.

Thought is virtual, keeping it on a "real" medium makes it more factual.
The power of the written word.
There is more truth to it than to the spoken one.
A "virtual" medium as the Newton may cause disturbance in the brains of some
people. If so, I think what they miss is reassurance, especially if they are
not 100% convinced about their thoughts after all.

Regards,

Oliver :)

--
"Fear is the path to the Dark side.  Fear leads to anger, anger leads to
hate, hate leads to suffering." -- Yoda, Jedi master.