Re: [NTLK] Printing via Ethernet ?

From: abaron_at_mac.com
Date: Sat Oct 13 2001 - 13:22:18 EDT

On Saturday, October 13, 2001, at 03:31 AM, Andy Wells wrote:

> G'day Green Machine
> <snip>

> Hey there's a thought .........anyway I can ping from my eMate ?

Hmm I don't know about a utility to do that, but I'd like one, not to
ram hungry though please.. my 2k has issues. There is also a terminal
app so you could control and configure your redhat box from it.

> I went crazy last weekend and cabled every room in the house back to a
> hub/Redhat 7.1 box, man did the wife go nuts......kids think it's pretty
> cool though.....nice one Dad :-)

What's nuts with that? In my place we put 1100' of cable into the walls
of our 3 Bedroom 3 level town house..

> Anyway what I'd like to be able to do is print from my eMate to my
> networked
> HP Laserjet 4 plus.
> Is this possible ? Anybody else tried this ?

I'm able to print to any printer that talks appletalk (even the lexmark
1250 at work does) I believe that printer should be able to talk
appletalk. You can configure the newt to do appletalk by setting the
AppleTalk setting in Prefs to Ethertalk and then select your card.

Andre