[NTLK] Fwd: RE: porting newton software

From: Jeroen Goulooze (jeroengoulooze_at_hotmail.com)
Date: Mon Oct 15 2001 - 04:11:16 EDT

----Original Message Follows----
From: "Chuck Citron" <chuck_at_transitives.com>
Jeroen,

Regarding your request for dynamic translation of Newton code to ARM code:

        I believe the Newton contains a 68K CPU (correct me if I'm wrong).
        We have no current plans for Newton apps themselves, however, 68K to ARM is
on our product roadmap.
        The OS interfaces from Newton to ? could prove to be problematic,
especially given the age and lack of support for it.

In summary, this is not a "planned" product (Newton specifically), however,
we do entertain custom projects on a fee basis. If you would like to pursue,
please contact us directly.

Thank you for your interest.

Charles Citron