[NTLK] Ethernet card comparison?

From: R Pickett (emerson_at_hayseed.net)
Date: Thu Oct 18 2001 - 22:37:21 EDT

So, I'm wanting to buy an ethernet card for my 2100, and I'm having
trouble tracking down all the info I want on the various cards that are
usable....

I'm currently leaning toward the 3CXE589DT, mostly because (a) I like
the X-Jack thing (dongles give me hives), and (b) there are a big'ol
handful of them available on eBay for cheap.

But, I can't find any info on the power consumption of these cards
versus others that are supported, and I don't want to buy a card that's
going to suck my batteries dry in 20 minutes.

I haven't found enough info from Google or the list archives, so I was
wondering if this has been hashed over enough that there's a good
canonical answer, or a comparison chart or the like; if there's not,
and people want to send me any info they have, I'd be glad to whip
together such a chart for myself and for future use.

Thanks in advance for any advice y'all can give.

(Oh, and congrats to Steve on the VNC client. You're my hero. Now I
just need to get networked so I can _use_ it....)

--
R Pickett           The people that once bestowed commands, consulships,
Hayseed Networks    legions, and all else, now meddles no more and longs