Re: [NTLK] VNC 3.3a1 now released

From: Andy Wells (andywells_at_hotkey.net.au)
Date: Fri Oct 19 2001 - 07:26:50 EDT

Steve Weyer <weyer_at_kagi.com> replied

>> Received a -48204 error once (I don't have an error code list - maybe you
>> Laurent ?)

>that means "Path failed" -- any recollection what was happening around
then?

hey Steve

Yeah I do cause I wrote it down - well up to the error appearing anyway. I
didn't notice if the VNC message bar
had anything on display, sorry.

Sequence : eMate - win98 ( thru hub )
Launch VNC ( Prefs -Default )
Entered connection parameters ( IP, Display, P/word )
Tap Connect
'Connect using' Device pop-up up
Tap Connect
-48204 error

So, given that means 'path failed' .......... perhaps the card driver failed
to initialize ?

BTW - This was my second attempt at a connection to the same wintel box.
First launch had been successful

>there's a problem where the NIE link gets "grabbed" but then if there's a
>failure before the endpoint gets created, when VNC attempts to disconnect,
>it thinks it's done but it hasn't released the NIE link -- this leads to
>many problems... I've fixed this and it will be in 3.3a3

Cool!

>RRE does tend to refresh in a "fractal" like fashion.

>next version (maybe later on Fri) won't show all the individual updates

FWIW - Job before this one I used VNC across a NT4 Lan/Wan to
monitor/control IVR ( Integrated Voice Recog )
servers. The refresh on that was similar, though moving the mouse over what
was being altered tended to 'draw' the refresh was a common practice.

Again - Thanks Steve ....!

cheers
Andy

Andy Wells