[NTLK] VNC 3.3a1 now released

From: Steve Weyer (weyer_at_kagi.com)
Date: Wed Oct 17 2001 - 08:06:56 EDT

The Newton VNC client (3.3a1) is now available:
  http://www.kagi.com/weyer/#VNC

It requires NOS 2.x (realistically, 2.1).
I think it's fairly solid for a first release,
but there are still a lot of rough edges.
Be sure to read the VNC page for help, known issues & problems, etc.

General VNC info (and clients/servers for other platforms)
  http://www.uk.research.att.com/vnc/

VNC = Virtual Network Computing.
Basically, you can display the screen of a remote system over a network,
point at its screen and enter text.

For those who still don't understand what that means,
or don't have a VNC server (or access to one),
or lack tolerance for fragmentary documentation and early release
software, this application/version probably isn't for you...

Send me bug reports, suggestions, praise, ...
and of course I'll also check NewtonTalk digests periodically.

Enjoy!

--
Steve
  weyer_at_kagi.com