Re: [NTLK] VNC

From: Steve Weyer (weyer_at_kagi.com)
Date: Wed Oct 24 2001 - 05:48:39 EDT

> From: James Clark <clarkjm_at_appleisp.net>
>
> I have not yet made a connection to the VNC server under VPC, however,
> finally after much head scratching I have connected to ChromiVNC Server on
> my Mac. Setup: 6400/G3/300 PowerMac, ethernet connection between 2100 and
> Mac, latest client from Steve. I will post a link with screen shots if
> anyone interested.
>
> I am able to write on the newt to the notepad on the mac, expand folders via
> the small triangle, however the scroll bars do not work via the newt.

you mean tapping on remote scroll bars? I had planned to test this, but was
having problems getting a window (BBEdit Lite) small enough and then the Mac
servers seemed to generally be misbehaving. I'd thinking tapping would
work; not sure about dragging via the move gesture (I had a problem trying
to drag a Mac window by its title bar; worked great on Windows, esp. with
CopyRect turned on)

> Thanks Steve, having lots of fun with this little package now.

great

--
Steve