Re: [NTLK] VNC

From: Steve Weyer (weyer_at_kagi.com)
Date: Wed Oct 24 2001 - 05:48:45 EDT

> From: greenguy <greenguy_at_oanet.com>
>
> yes, I think the NIE link wasn't releasing, but only if there was a problem
> establishing a connection with the server.

I think that's the situation also. I'll see if using "CancelLink" cleans
things up.

> I tried different encoding, no difference.
>
> had no problems at all after I bypassed the macOS VNC and connected to win98
> VNC through VirtualPC (same Mac)
>
> Once I downloaded ChromiVNC Server it worked fine on the mac OS as well.
>
> can you launch an App.? how to you double click?

I think the handwriting recognition turned on, the underlying paragraph view
might be trapping double-tap; maybe try double-tapping but not too quickly?
I know one time it opened keyboard. other ways to open apps: on Windows, you
can right click. on Mac, ctrl click works -- I'll have to check whether
"right click" is interpreted by Mac server as this, or whether the key
modifier has to actually be pressed & sent.

--
Steve