Re: [NTLK] Any update on that device?

From: SlashDevNull (SlashDevNull_at_mac.com)
Date: Wed Oct 24 2001 - 14:45:07 EDT

Hello,

  Buy the cheapest, lowest capacity Tivo you can.

  Upgrade it with Maxtor 5400 rpm hard drives. The 7200 RPMs run too hot.

  I have upgraded mine to 160 Hours using a 80 gig and a 40 gig.

  Tivo has been REALLY good about people upgrading things.

  Their stance is that they don't care how you modify the Tivo or the linux
OS underneath as long as you don't mess with the subscription parts. And
everyone in the Tivo community agrees with that stance.

  And the really unusual thing about the Tivo is that the less TV you watch,
the better the Tivo is.

David