Re: [NTLK] Freedom of speech [Was: Newton Message Pad]

From: Bill Davis (newton_at_ecity.net)
Date: Fri Oct 26 2001 - 00:34:12 EDT

>Why won't you follow your own advice and let others say what they please.
>If you did then you wouldn't post comments like:
>
>"So why didn't you actually post a Newton-related question or a Newton-
>related contribution, rather than than just whining or making a smart-
>ass remark?"
>
>By your own admission if someone wants to post a message that is simply
>whining or making smart-arse remarks then they should be allowed to without
>you telling them to pull their head in. Sounds like the pot calling the
>kettle black to me.

I suppose it could appear that way. But I NEVER said they couldn't post
what they wanted.

In fact, I asked them why they DIDN'T post what they wanted!!!!!

I pointed out that it wasn't their place to try to control what we were
saying and, if they wanted to see Newton related discussion, why didn
they START one? Instead, they just bitched about off-topics posts and
THUS MADE ONE THEMSELEVES! Now THAT is "the pot calling the kettle
black".

This is my last comment on the subject, as I don't want to cause a flame
war either ( too late, perhaps) or wander further off-topic.

 - Bill