Re: [NTLK] Pre paid phone card dialing

From: Larrie Easterly (larrie_at_larrie.com)
Date: Sat Oct 27 2001 - 23:20:07 EDT

> From: Jon Glass <jonglass_at_usa.net>
> Date: Sat, 27 Oct 2001 15:56:05 +0200
> To: Newtontalk <newtontalk_at_newtontalk.net>
> Subject: Re: [NTLK] Pre paid phone card dialing
>

> on 10/26/01 7:27 PM, Larrie Easterly at larrie_at_larrie.com wrote:
>
>> Has anyone gotten a prepaid phone card dialing string to work correctly on a
>> MP2100. The dialing string I am using is 51 characters long, 55 characters
>> when dialing from a hotel.
>>
>> 1,8005972421,,,,,,1,,1235556789,,1,,,5036240558,,,,
>>
>> The Newton consistently cuts off the last 13 characters from the dialing
>> string.
>>
>> I have tried entering the access and card numbers in the prefix section and
>> manually entered the number. It still cuts off the last 13 characters -
>> 036240558,,,,.
>
> I seem to recall having this problem once, and ended up putting all the data
> in two different places. Some numbers in the prefix, and others in the CC
> field. Have you tried this?
> --
> -Jon Glass
> Krakow, Poland
> <mailto:jonglass_at_usa.net>
> <mailto:glasshaus5_at_aol.com>
> "They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety
> deserve neither liberty nor safety." --Benjamin Franklin

I got it to dial all of the digits this evening and was able to connect. Am
very glad I got it resolved. Thanks to all for your help.

Here is the setup for Sprint pre paid dialing for future reference. Other
pre paid vendors should be similar.

Duplicate your existing Internet Setup and rename it. In the Access Number
slip put the phone card number i.e. (274)###-####.

Open the connection slip of the Internet program you want to use and press
the Assist Button. The Will Dial slip opens showing the number that will be
dialed at the top of the slip.
In the prefix section put the access number for the calling card vendor,
i.e. for Sprint 1,800-###-####,,,,,,1,,
In the Credit Card section put the phone number of your ISP i.e.

The number displayed in the top part of the Will Dial slip is now almost
correct. There is a "0" after the prefix number that needs to be deleted.
The "0" is put in by the Newton OS because it thinks you are making a credit
card call. It needs to be deleted each time you dial.

Larrie

> --

Larrie

503 358-0245