Re: [NTLK] eMate wake up problem

From: Jonathan A. Rodriguez (cameraboy9_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Sun Oct 28 2001 - 15:30:09 EST

Heyo;

Yes, I'm having a similar problem;

If I shut off my eMate for a few minutes, it'll come back up no problem. If I
leave it off for any more than an hour, it won't boot up, and I have to hit the
reset button. Then it will start up, and ask me to recallibrate the pen,
etcetera. Then it will remind me of all of my reminders for the last month
(quite annoying; popup after popup after popup), then claim that it's July 1st,
1996. I have to reset most of my prefferences.

On top of that, a popup keeps rapidly appearing that says: "Sorry, an error
occured", making a "binging" noise LOUDLY, EVEN THOUGH the colume is _all the
way down_. I use my emate in class; I have the volume down because the room is
quiet except for the lecturing teacher. So you can imagine: "BING! BING! BING!
BING! BING! BING! BING!" I have no choice but to close it and quickly shove it
in my back pack, where it continues to "BING" for about a minute, now muffled
by the contents of my backpack.

I can't seem to get more than an hour or two use out of it before the battery
is down in the 20's (that's WITH the backlight OFF)... I bought this thing in
July, and it was working perfectly. I treat all of my electronics like gold,
but for some reason, it's been quickly deteriorating.

Maybe there's a common problem between my eMate and this gentleman's... Any
ideas anyone? Would a brand new battery (or, rather rechargeable AA cells
wrapped in duct tape) fix things? Or chould I start saving up for a new iBook
(which seems smaller anyway?) Please help... thanks so much in advance. I'd
really hate to give her up.

Regards to all listers,
-Jon