Re: [NTLK] An interesting and under-reported fact

From: Robert Benschop (rbenschop_at_mac.com)
Date: Mon Oct 29 2001 - 03:10:55 EST

on 28-10-2001 4:42, Peter Cameron at pdwc_at_sympatico.ca wrote:

> My understanding was that if you wanted to do a comparative ad in
> Europe, you had to have some really good documentation to prove your product
> was 20% better than the the competition. Since such documentation (years of
> independent studies etc.) isn't cheap or quick, atmosphere is the next best
> thing.

Not to veer to far off topic, since this seems to be about the demise of the
Newton and the way Apple advertises their stuff, all ads are slowly moving
in the atmosphere and image direction, not just cars.
Remember the Pepsi test ads (did they ran those in the US as well ?)
compare those to what Pepsi does nowadays.
So Apple might be ahead of their time at the moment, though I wouldn't say
so if I see their revenues....
(their marketing (!) of the Newton sucked in a major way though)

Robert Benschop