Re: [NTLK] [ANN]: Posada's Calaveras as NewtonBook

From: Laurent Daudelin (nemesys_at_cox.rr.com)
Date: Mon Oct 29 2001 - 06:58:41 EST

on 28/10/01 22:43, C.W. Otto Sohn at oky_at_avalon.net wrote:

> For those Halloween and "Dia de los Muertos" fans, I've compiled a 14 page
> - all pictures - NewtonBook (about 390K) in greyscale with Posada's most
> beloved Calaveras.
>
> This book runs in landscape mode and requires OS 2.1 (MP2x00 or eMate).
>
> Download it from my main page. As usual: no fee required; it's all in
> public domain.

Nice picture, Otto!

-Laurent.

COBOL /koh'bol/ n.: [COmmon Business-Oriented Language] (Synonymous with evil.) A weak, verbose, and flabby language used by card wallopers to do boring mindless things on dinosaur mainframes. Hackers believe that all COBOL programmers are suits or code grinders, and no self-respecting hacker will ever admit to having learned the language. Its very name is seldom uttered without ritual expressions of disgust or horror. One popular one is Edsger W. Dijkstra's famous observation that "The use of COBOL cripples the mind; its teaching should, therefore, be regarded as a criminal offense."