Re: [NTLK] Newtons and School

From: Jim Johnston (jimthej_at_mac.com)
Date: Mon Oct 29 2001 - 07:14:37 EST

on 10/29/01 12:00 AM, Samuel Jacobson at jacobson98_at_earthlink.net wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have used my Newton uMP2000 for note taking in school and, in fact,
> this is mainly why I bought the machine. And, while the unit seems ideal
> for this task, especially with the size of the screen, I have had trouble
> with filing multiple notes on the unit. I have tried to use both the
> default Notepad with BigNotes, as well as Hypernewt, yet nothing seems to
> really work as all I end up with is a mass of unorganized notes "all over
> the place", without a real efficient way to cross-reference tha material.
> May I ask what solutions you all have come up with?

For that kind of work, I would export it as RTF files, organize with cut and
paste on a desktop, take it to html creating hyperlinks for cross
referencing, and then re import as Newton Book probably using Newtscape if
you need mobile study material.

Rethinking, that could all be done on the Newt with NewtWorks and NewtScape.
Using one of the export to Works utilities.

--
Jim Johnston
Teacher