Re: [NTLK] Checking in / iPod Comments...

From: Marco Mailand (newton2k1_at_mac.com)
Date: Wed Oct 31 2001 - 16:36:09 EST

The Compulsive Splicer wrote:
> Well, have you tried it *without* significantly altering the data?
> You're describing something *very* different than just burning the files
> in an uncompressed format onto a CD-R.
No, I don't think so. I've burned always raw AIFF audio data on this CD,
always uncompressed. The burning program always "thought" it was
44.1kHz/16bit but in reality I've downsampled it a little bit. I have taken
the original 44.1kHz file and had the program oversampling the data with
44.7kHz sampling rate so that it got less data points. After all I've burned
it as it was to the CD which is always replayed with 44.1kHz. Okay the 80min
did now fit onto a 74min CD but with distortion. I wouldn't say that I've
significantly altered the data because the sound was basically the same and
also the audio quality was agreeable, except this distortion.

--
With best regards / Viele Gruesse

Marco Mailand http://slsbd.psi.ch/timing