Re: [NTLK] Newton Batteries

From: Woo Lee (vitcitylb_at_earthlink.net)
Date: Sun Sep 02 2001 - 05:25:02 EDT

Yup, mine went 2500 min., with 15% left.
After I opened my AMP2KU to install the SER-001, the implant was 'moved'.
The unit didn't have room for the SER-001.
Then I used the usual software button to turn off my A-Newt., then closed
the cover without noticing the unit was still on! That was about 11:55 pm
Thursday. Then Saturday evening at 5:25 pm, I opened the cover to see the
low batt. warning. I tried the four different software buttons to turn it
off, no go. Even the power switch didn't workm but I still had control
over the backlight. So I did a soft reset and all is back to normal.
Whew! ;-)
------------------
>I have found no problems with using higher capacity NiHm 1600mAh cells in
my
>2100. The only thing is that the Newton goes on.... and on..... and
on......
>Richard

!ooW %-)
My Newt. will still be productive way after the last Palm/Handspring
issix-feet under.
Pres. of Los Angeles Newton Users Group!
 http://www.newtontalk.net