[NTLK] Newt Syncing to Palm Desktop

From: Chris Searles (csearles_at_netcologne.de)
Date: Sun Sep 02 2001 - 08:24:03 EDT

At long last someone has finally explained how to sync your Newt to Palm
Desktop in clear and simple terms. (I was on the verge of trying to
purchase an older version of Now Up to Date via ebay and using its sync
program for syncing my Newton information):

http://www.palmonmac.com/article.php?sid=33

I have the following two problems though, which I'm hoping someone on the
list familiar with the software will be able to help me out with:

1) I assume the destination file for the Newton, i.e. Organizer 2.0, MUST
remain within the IntelliLink folder of the NCU, i.e. it can't be moved
anywhere else or renamed. Every time I want to open it I have to select
Palm Desktop as the app to open the file (i.e. it won't automatically
open Palm Desktop) and whenever I open Palm Desktop first it doesn't
appear in the list of Palm Desktop user files which can be opened. I can
of course open it separately and later merge with another Palm Desktop
defined user, of course, but why not be able to do it all in one go. Any
help or advice on streamlining this process would be much appreciated.

2) When in the weekly view of Palm Desktop I have problems scrolling
down. Is this a known bug?

TIA,

Chris Searles