Re: [NTLK] Broadband (was: Re: infonewt.com)

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Sep 03 2001 - 02:55:58 EDT

I seem to be in a "broad-band dead-zone" right in the
middle of Virginia's silicon alley! I can't get any
highspeed broadband! What I do have is iDSL through
DSL.net at $135/month! And, what's iDSL? 144kbps!~ But
hey! It's both ways!
Ed
web/gadget guru
--- Victor Rehorst <victor_at_newtontalk.net> wrote:

> On Fri, 31 Aug 2001, Bill davis newton wrote:
>
> <snip>
> > Qwest is $32/mo or 640kbit/sec access plus another
> $25/mo for my ISP
> > (ecity.net). That's $57 vs. @Home's $46! (you
> do the math on @Home's
>
> Uh. Wow. You yanks are paying a lot for broadband
> :) In Canada I pay
> $39.95/mo for cable via @Home (through our
> bigevilcableco, Rogers). And
> those are Canadian dollars, remember. With tax
> that's $46 CAD. That's
> $29.76 USD. Wow. And both @Home and Bell Sympatico
> DSL are offering free
> installation + free first 3 months.
>
> </offtopic>

=====
note: This does not constitute a sig file...