[NTLK]

From: Don Fisher (dfisher_at_fisherspoint.com)
Date: Mon Sep 03 2001 - 21:49:33 EDT

 Dear Fellow Newtonians,

It is with a heavy heart that I write this message. After nearly six years
ofloyal Newton ownership (from the start of the 2.0 era) including a 120, a
2000 and an upgrade of the 2000, I must sadly sell my gear and move in. My
trusty upgraded 2000 needs a new home with someone who will cherish and use
it as much as I did. I'm offering this on the list first and then, in
October, via eBay. I'd prefer to sell to the list for sentimental reasons.

While I was far from the most active Newton community member, I did make
somecontributions. I wrote and published reviews for some of the on-line
zines and newsletters, most notably Gecko. I also bought lots of software
andsupported the Newton community financially.

So, here is the list of my current config for sale:

Upgraded MP2000 with 1 year old screen (replaced by Apple repair when I
cracked the original screen) Very Good condition
24mb card
10mb card
14.4 pcmcia modem
Printpack
Serial cable and dongle
Leather glove case
Original Upgrade CD
AMUG Totally Incomplete CD-ROM for Newton volume 14
A ton of licensed software including:
Inkspot
MoreInfo
QuickFigure Pro
XPort
Time of the Month
GoFetch
Outlink
PrintLink
Convert
MoreFolders
SBM Utilities

I was an avid downloader and I plan to include a CD of all of my trial
downloads along with this package(60-80mb of programs). Probably another 50
or so titles including music software, astronomy stuff, misc. utilities,
etc.None of this stuff is pirated and is either licensed or the original
trials.

Total price for the above is $750 obo plus shipping (you pick the service).
I'm willing to accept virtually any "safe" payment system you care to offer.

Please e-mail me directly with any offers as I subscribe to the digest
version of this list.

I really feel badly selling this stuff, but c'est la vie. I still try to
support Newton developers who have transitioned to the WinCE platform. And I
will always remain a loyal Newtonite. I'd love nothing more than to buy a
newNewton in a couple of years from a company that somehow got Jobs to
license the OS to them. It is still a mystery to me why Jobs completely
killed the Newton. It must have been nothing more than ego. I can understand
selling it off, but not turning down reasonable offers to buy it. That was
just spite against Scully. As a result, rather than leading, he is going to
be following (yet again). What a maroon!

Please accept my thanks for everyone's contributions. It has been a unique
experience for me participating in this community. Good luck to all.

Sincerely,

Don Fisher
CEO, Axiom Studio
http://www.axiomstudio.com[1]