Re: [NTLK] newtontalk Digest V1 #177

From: eric engle (engleerica_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Sep 05 2001 - 15:50:47 EDT

Basically the DCMAs librarian exceptions are
exceptions ONLY for librarians.

The DCMA is in fact DRACONIAN: I.e. tyrannical. The
fair use exemption still applies but given TRIPs US
copyrights is in trouble.

Its sort of the topic of my LLM thesis; please don't
get me going... Proprietary information _sucks.

Anyway copyright is now: Lifetime of the author plus
seventy five years. Patent has also increased.

Course this is all to benefit the totality of
humanity. Not.

I have a small essay which is in the midst of becoming
my LLM thesis, plus a nice macintosh game at
http:www.geocities.com/engleerica

=====
My web pages:

http://geocities.com/engleerica/