Re: [NTLK] New Newton

From: Ken Whitcomb (ken_at_imageguild.com)
Date: Thu Sep 06 2001 - 21:49:26 EDT

Since you asked, I'll waste a little 'width too.

my idea is more a matter of a smart network that knows when I'm present (now
THIS will definitely get a few people going...) my data is accessible via
this network freeing me from needing to carry a device all the time. Places
where I frequent can have the hardware that is necessary (rooms of home,
vehicle, work, library, coffee shop, etc) and when I need to be somewhere
that lacks this network port, I can bring a tote-able
storage/display/input/output device with me (kayaking, middle of the
Atlantic, public restroom, long walks on beach, weekend long bender in
Tiajuana, you get the picture). There are times I'd like a smaller version
of NASA's microgravity PDA that does video and audio recording, fetches
tools, accesses and reports info from a server wirelessly on command that
follows the astronauts around their vehicle inside and out. Having the
personality of my dog would be cool too. A PDA that expresses joy upon one's
arrival!

ken Whitcomb