[NTLK] Synching my Newton with the Palm

From: James Charney (James_Charney_at_FirstClass.choate.edu)
Date: Fri Sep 07 2001 - 07:04:23 EDT

        Has anyone found a routine to successfully transfer Calendar and
AddressBook data from their Newton into a Palm?
      I use my Newton 2001 daily for all my office scheduling and patient
info and I am devoted to it, but I recently purchased a Palm--mostly
because it is so darn small. It is a hobbled device in many ways,
campared to the Newton, and I find myself using it as a passive repository
of information that I daily put into my Newton.
        Which is why I want to be able to synch the Palm with my Newtons'
Calendar and Address Book. I've had some problems, though. Synching
directly to the Palm Desktop doesn't seem to work--I get error messages.
But I can export my data in Claris Organizer format, and then Merge it
into the Palm Desktop on my Mac--which I can then Hotsynch with the Palm
500.
        The problem is that I keep getting a doubling of my data when I do the
Merge. It works fine when I open a New File and Merge my Claris Calendar.
 But when I do another Merge of the Address book into the same file, I get
a doubling of the Calendar--two copies of every appointment!!
        Has anyone else had this sort of problem?
        Has anyone found a routine to successfully transfer infor into their Palm
from the Newton? I actually don't want to do a synch--I want the data to
go one way--Newton wins.
        Any help will be much appreciated!! Jim Charney