Re: [NTLK] Synching my Newton with the Palm

From: Jon Glass (jonglass_at_usa.net)
Date: Fri Sep 07 2001 - 13:22:10 EDT

on 9/7/01 1:04 PM, James Charney at James_Charney_at_FirstClass.choate.edu
wrote:

> Which is why I want to be able to synch the Palm with my Newtons'
> Calendar and Address Book. I've had some problems, though. Synching
> directly to the Palm Desktop doesn't seem to work--I get error messages.
> But I can export my data in Claris Organizer format, and then Merge it
> into the Palm Desktop on my Mac--which I can then Hotsynch with the Palm

I was reading on the web site today about doing this very thing, and it
raised this sort of question in my mind. You have partially answered it, in
stating that you get doubles. However, instead of exporting to a CO2 format,
have you tried using the same file, syncing that CO file with you Newton,
and using that same file again to merge with your PD application file.

In other words, does it remember names if you merge a second time, or does
it merely add the names from the CO file to the PD file.

--
-Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland