[NTLK] Refocusing Energies ( Was: Re: OT: Copyrights, Abandonware and such... )

From: Zachery Bir (zbir_at_urbanape.com)
Date: Fri Sep 07 2001 - 15:17:37 EDT

On Friday, September 7, 2001, at 03:05 PM, Laurent Daudelin wrote:

> The problem I see is that even after a few dozens messages, nobody seem
> have the last, decisive, definitive word on that, so I can't see how
> this
> will resolve to something.

Agreed. At this point, it's becoming little more than mental mastur...
well, you know.

I'm with a few others. I'd much rather ( well, not much - let's see how
idealogical I am once I start delving ) learn to write apps that
approach the functionality that's already out there. Even in
abandonware. Paul, I know you were starting up a tutorial list of some
sort ( last year, I think ) that I got involved with before I had my
Newton. Now that I have it, I'm about ready to start the delving again.

Personally, I'm hoping we can redirect some of the energy we've been
expending towards writing new and useful Newton apps that will keep our
li'l green buddies a going concern well into the future.

me = { 'name' : 'Zachery Bir', 'email' : 'zbir_at_urbanape.com',
        'voice' : '(804) 353-3742', 'url' : 'http://www.urbanape.com/' }