Re: [NTLK] More on law

From: Thomas Cherry (jceaser_at_mac.com)
Date: Sat Sep 08 2001 - 04:29:00 EDT

No, you own what you own till you die. What is happinging in Zimbabwe is
horible. I do not aggree with it, but the same thing happend all over the
world at one point or another. One could arguee that the land was stolen by
the whites and the natives simply are reclaming what was theres befor. Who
was the origional owner and was the sale fair or forced (american indians
for example). To my knowledge, white people do not acure naturaly in
Africa, there is a pretty good evidence in history that the Whites did not
play fair. I would thing that a good solution would be to say that the
whites should be able to say for as long as they live, but when they die,
they can not give the land to the kids unless there kids pay for it.
However, I don't think we should assume we know how to fix the problems of a
country so far away. I think they have a better idea of what there problems
are then we do.