Re: [NTLK] Soups and the Newton's downfall (Re: Clarity Memory Issue)

From: The Compulsive Splicer (splicer_at_paroxysm.com)
Date: Sat Sep 08 2001 - 19:17:47 EDT

Jon Glass wrote:

>>Pocket Quicken for Newt with Pocket Quicken for
>>Palm. feature-for-feature, PQ for Newt is far richer and more robust.
>>But which one will actually talk to modern versions of Desktop Quicken?
>>

> I think it still works with 2000 model of Quicken? At least it works with my
> copy of 98, which I have no interest in upgrading due to Intuit's insane
> policy of advertising all the time within the program...

I have not been able to get Pocket Quicken Connect to work with Quicken
2000 for Windows. I'm glad to hear that it works with 98. Maybe I'll try
a downgrade, if I can find my old Q98 install disk.

It takes some dedication and effort to get stuff to work with Newt
because software makers aren't supporting it anymore. Is there *anyone*
that can blame someone for getting a Palm in this day and age? We can
sit around and sneer about how much better our Newts are, but there are
some very real reasons other than stupidity or short-sightedness to
choose something else.

Steve