[NTLK] Newton OS Reprise?

From: Don Fisher (dfisher_at_fisherspoint.com)
Date: Sun Sep 09 2001 - 15:26:52 EDT

Rather than focusing on porting the Newton OS to another platform (since
nobody has the source to begin with) has anyone thought about building a UI
on top of another OS? For example, Microsoft has split the OS (Windows CE)
from the UI, (Pocket PC 2002). A Newton-style UI could be feasible on a
Windows CE platform. The HWR from Calligrapher is excellent, though I find
the gestures to be somewhat awkward compared to the Newt. Perhaps they
would be willing to provide a modified set of gestures if someone was
interested.

I know I'd be willing to pay $100-150 for a Newton UI sitting on an WinCE
device.