Re: [NTLK] Dragon Package

From: Steve Weyer (weyer_at_kagi.com)
Date: Mon Sep 10 2001 - 13:15:15 EDT

> From: Eckard Brauer <E.Brauer_at_intershop.de>
>
> Hi guys,
>
> Ken Whitcomb wrote:
>> report if it installs properly. If not, I'll keep banging my head. I've
>> not
>> given up, but the pace of my efforts has waned a bit. Day job and family
>> seem to be getting in the way. ;)
>
> Maybe you could try Sloup by Steve Weyer. While I don't have the magic
> command for dumping a package, Sloup (in combination with newtonlink)
> worked always perfect for me. If you don't have access to a UNIX box, maybe
> we could try to use some brainpower to find a solution...
>
> Just a little idea...
>
> Eckard

I don't know what the problem is with installing the Dragon package.
1) upload communication errors (some bits in pkg mutated)?
2) package not "unrelocated" properly?
3) microphone needed?

if 1), then I'd suggest trying again with PackageBuddy or favorite tool

if 2), PkgBuddy, Sloup and X-Port all use the same unrelocation code (that I
wrote), which has only really been tested on "normal" packages and autoparts
(and it respects the copyright bit); if the Dragon package has different
kinds of install parts, then this might not work for any of them -- in which
case I'd suggest trying EETransfer or email since that apparently does
unrelocation automatically somewhere in the transport layer.

if 3), I don't know if a mike is needed or not (see other NTLK msges)

--
Steve
  weyer_at_kagi.com