Re: [NTLK] Deepest sympathy for the assassinated

From: Laurent Daudelin (nemesys_at_cox.rr.com)
Date: Tue Sep 11 2001 - 23:12:26 EDT

on 11/09/01 17:50, John Del Pizzo at jdpizzo_at_yahoo.com wrote:

> Mike,
>
> Obviously, you have not been paying attention to history. If people believe
> actions have no consequences, then they will continue to take them. To *not*
> retaliate is to invite additional and larger terrorists plots. To *not*
> punish the individuals and/or states that were involved only increases the
> likelihood of more innocent deaths. That is unacceptable.
>
> President Bush has my blessing to take whatever actions he deems necessary
> to protect the citizens of the U.S. and our allies around the world.
>
> John Del Pizzo
>

> On 9/11/01 5:17 PM, "Mikebridg_at_aol.com" <Mikebridg_at_aol.com> so eloquently
> stated:
>
>> they should be stopped yes, but do you want more people killed!! That way you
>> just teach another generation that violence is the way to solve problems
>>
>> Mike

I'm not sure about that, John. These people are already dead. This obviously
didn't deter them from doing it. I'm certainly not making any accusation,
but think of all the suicide bombers in Palestine. Those people are
desperate. Even if you could retrieve those that, like president Bush said,
"harbored" terrorism, you would still facing a lot of others ready to take
the helm. It's like trying to eradicate ants. The more you kill them, the
more they seem to be coming back.

Just my $0.02. I'm obviously not in my usual mood right now, so maybe I'm
off...

-Laurent.