Re: [NTLK] please talk about current affairs somewhere else

From: John M. Powell (iwillbefreedotcom_at_earthlink.net)
Date: Wed Sep 12 2001 - 10:14:56 EDT

> Please can we talk about this somewhere else. I understand that some
> people need to vent about this but there are better places.
>
> Do you go to church and discuss the Newton? Lets be appropriate to the
> setting. Not everyone in the WORLD needs or wants to discuss this topic.
>
> I need to look at threads about the Newton. I do not want to wade through
> dozens of emails about political theory and religious exhortations.
>
> This has always been a good and active list but this getting is
> ridiculous.
>

> Patrick Hudson
> Albuquerque/Santa Fe

I wholeheartedly concur. We all are certainly passionate about the attack
yesterday but this is just going to end up in bickering and dividing us.
There is nothing we can do to change what our respective countries will
or will not do about the matter, nor is there anything we can do for those
lost that can bring them back. I'm all for free speach, but our 'discussion'
will not change anyone's mind on the issue. This is not the environment
where
people typically change their minds. And I personally have been guilty of
'inserting foot'. Ferdi, although I may still disagree with you on some
things, my public comments were inappropriate. Hence, a public appology.
My comments were out of line and I appologize.

And as for Jon Glass, I certainly don't want to see you go. You too have
added to this list. As passionate as I am about what happened, and certainly
have my own views, I don't want to see this list break out into 1500
messages
of ranting. The terrorists wanted (in part) to grind our lives to a halt.
How
much more do want to give them?

Thanks for 'listening'.

John M. Powell