Re: [NTLK] Nokia & Newt

From: String Powered Productions (toas_at_microtech.com.au)
Date: Wed Sep 12 2001 - 20:28:15 EDT

Johannes... I tried to reply to you direct but your mail bounced...so here
it is in list.

Hi Johannes.

Thanks heaps for all the info you sent me. I really appreciate it.
I am amking a fundamental error somewher I think.

I have created a modem setup as per your instruction in Modem Modifier, and
have my 6210 connected by my serial cable, a gender changer, and a DLR-3P
nokia data cable. I beleive the cabling may be my problem though...

The newt keeps throwing up an error when I try to access the modem saying "
modem is not connected or has not responded correclty"

My guess is that the serial cable and gender changer is not working.
Would you agree...or is ther something else I shoudl look at. Is there
anything you have to activate on the phone before they talk to each other?

Thanks again.

Bill