Re: [NTLK] Defective 130

From: Filmer, Paul E. (pfilmer_at_nsf.gov)
Date: Thu Sep 13 2001 - 13:32:34 EDT

Frank, others -

With Anton Balaban's kind help I have installed the Cyrillic UniFEP pkgs,
and the 130 is 'partly' Russified. I say 'partly' because I am still unable
to do a hard reset, so the applications' names do not appear in Cyrillic,
but as a series of dots (I suspect this is the character mapping from the
Japanese names, since before installation they were boxes). I also say
'partly' because there are a lot of strings still in the system that remain
in English (and I am betting this is so even with a clean install).

I know the backlight works because it has come on once, at random while I
was writing on the screen. But it is not controllable via the power switch.

So... it looks rescuable, and I will take advantage of Frank's kind offer
whenever mail resumes normal service between here and Germany. Frank -
please send me details off-list.

Regards,

Paul F.