Re: [NTLK] Rechargeable batteries in a MP110

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Sep 13 2001 - 13:40:32 EDT

Yes, you can use NiCads in the Newton MP110.
You can either charge the NiCads in a seperate
charger, or make the Newton charge the batteries.
If you look into the battery compartment of the
Newton, you will see a little square button. The way I
did it is I folded up a piece of cardboard that sat
under the batteries and using the preasure of the
batteries, kept the little square button depressed.
This fakes the newton into thinking that there is a
rechargeable battery pack in it. I have never had a
problem using this method and none of my MP120s ever
suffered from this "mod"
Ed
web/gadget guru

--- Mark Fuller <kcwookie_at_mac.com> wrote:

> I admit I'm back in the stone age of Newtons, but
> does anyone know if I can
> use NiCads in the Newton MP110?

=====
note: This does not constitute a sig file...