[NTLK] Beam Owner cards

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Sep 13 2001 - 13:50:56 EDT

OK...I'll admit...I haven't done this in a very long
time (I haven't seen another Newton ever since I
upgraded to my MP2K)
A coworker noticed my Newton and said that he had one
also (sitting in a closet somewhere....ack!) He
brought it in and we attempted to beam owner cards. I
opened up my owner card and selected "Beam" and said
beam to the next dialog box. He opened up his inbox
and selected receive. After about a minute, both of
our Newts time out with an error. Mine says that there
was a beaming error and his just times out. We
reversed the beaming (me receiving his card) and we
got the same results (just reversed).
I opened up my owner card and he had his owner card
opened and we both beamed at the same time and we
still got nothing.
We know that beaming works...we beamed over note pad
stuff and I also beamed over some stuff like TipCalc
and Therm and Better Setter. All the items beamed
fine...
So, is there a special way you need to do in order to
beam over Owner card information?
Thanks
Ed
web/gadget guru

=====
note: This does not constitute a sig file...