Re: [NTLK] [OT] Act of War

From: Sushi (Sushi_at_ragingbull.com)
Date: Thu Sep 13 2001 - 13:57:38 EDT

>>At 8:41 AM +0100 9/13/01, Alexey Danilchenko wrote:
>>[snip opinions]
>>Lastly - reading all your replies in this list and understanding
>>that you going to continue this and other flames - this is my last
>>reply (reagrdless on whatever you might say).
>
>>If you want to continue - go find some other list. This one only
>>devoted to Newtons/MessagePad.
>
>On 9/14/01 @ 2:15 AM, Lou Forlini wrote:
>
> The way to end a thread is:
>
> 1) Not respond to it at all
>
> 2) Respond only to say "Although I don't agree, I am ending the thread".
>
> You don't stop a thread by spouting your opinions and then saying
>that the subject is closed. Believing that only *you* are entitled
>to the last word on any subject is just arrogant and rude.

Well put Lou -- and thank you!

I have wanted to respond to his emotional and inaccurate post for quite
some time. But in trying to honor the Newt focus of this thread, I
haven't and will try not to do so.

Do I get an attaboy? ;-)

However, your comments we too good to pass up! Thanks again!

You know what I find most beneficial about this Newt list, is that there
are folks from all walks of life with varied experience that contribute
to this thread. It forms a community that we can all benefit from --
which personally for me has been great since I recently returned to using
the Newt from a 2 year absence (yes I was using a Palm). Many
individuals have contributed information to this list that have been a
great value to me. Thank you all.

Recently, some very tragic events have occurred. Some of us have
contributed what we thought was useful information to the thread based on
our experience and professional qualifications. We have done so with the
perspective that it was worthwhile information that others might find
useful and/or informative.

What amazes me, is why other individuals such as Alex do not just delete
messages that they don't want to read. As far as I know, there is
nothing that requires a person to read an Email message. We read them by
choice.

We have some folks leaving the list because of this. Why? I learned
early on, that if I don't want to read a thread, I simply delete those
messages.

Why would a person want to leave this list and miss out on messages from
folks such as Laurent, David, Steve, Woo, etc.?

Anyhow, I have appreciated those who have contributed their comments
(even though I don't agree with some) concerning the atrocity that
occurred this week. I would suggest that this is an event that most of
us will remember quite clearly for the rest of our lives!

Some of us stand ready to take the next step that the President/Congress
directs...

Respectfully,

Sushi