Re: [NTLK] eMate Upgrade resolution

From: THX 1138 (onefishtwofish_at_mac.com)
Date: Sun Sep 16 2001 - 23:16:11 EDT

On 9/16/01, b|indwo|f quoth:
>It seems like it would be
>incentive for Newer or Microtech to make a new batch. Anyone know the
>likeliehood of that?

Pretty low, actually.

As I recall, right after the part was canceled several people got
together and tried to get NewerRAM to run another batch of the
upgrades. Part of the problem was that aside from the minimum number
of orders they wanted, was that there is apparently some info encoded
onto the chip that they had licensed from Apple and could no longer
produce. Now, I'm no propeller-head, but I can't see why there
would be info on the chip for any reason, so I'm guess it was a
polite way of telling us to go away.

whatever. Mr. Humphrey's has supposedly turned his golden techie eye
to this problem, and I anxiously await any answers he can provide.
Who knows, maybe there really is something encoded on the chips that
makes emates so addictive :)

later,

--
ben.