[NTLK] Caclulators, WP's & then OT: Browser Issues on Macs.

From: T. (midgard_at_dragon.org)
Date: Mon Sep 17 2001 - 11:13:27 EDT

On the topic, however, my UMP2100 interfaces just fine on this Mac. I
am able to back-up and export from Newt Works just fine! I also
downloaded a few sci-calcs & graphing 101 to find a good calculator
for it, but cannot find that plug-in/extension for NewtWorks'
spreadsheet. I never much use the spreadsheet, but would like a good
graphing calculator with X & Y coordinates. I use the word processor
area extensively & wish that I could have it do outlining the way
NOTES does! What a crippled feature in NewtWorks Word Processor! Any
ideas on a better solution to get it to outline? I am a
Claris/AppleWorks Junkie!

>If there's a single thing I won't confront my old MacOS 8.6 with, it's IE5.0.
>I tried it, and had it damaged the system to an extent I was not able to fix.
>The second time in two years I had to install a new system. Not
>good, and bad, bad reputation for IE5.0. As soon as I get an iBook
>(*soon,soon,soon*), I will use the preinstalled IE5.x with 9.x, but
>I won't touch it again with 8.6.
>Oliver :)

I hate one-up-man-ship, but I have one here... I cannot use any
version of Netscape 4.x or later on my Mac (StarMax 3000 with
Processor Upgrade) as when I quit the program, it locks my Mac up
tighter than a drum. Nothing I have done has fixed it. I removed all
the parts & pieces & still a reinstall from their website crashes me
when I quit the application. It got so bad it ate my OS & needed a
reinstall. I am forced to use IE 5.x (which refuses to see my YAHOO
mail account inbox, but sees all other web stuff) so I use iCab to
surf for most things, but iCab has its quirks, like stalling as it
cannot read the pages that are compiled for specific IE browsers.)

Any thoughts.. I know it is off-topic, but hey,. I saw the posts!!!

Timothy