[NTLK] FS: emate in need of service

From: THX 1138 (onefishtwofish_at_mac.com)
Date: Tue Sep 18 2001 - 08:59:32 EDT

Hey all,

What I'm offering: one emate 300 in need of some serious TLC. I
bought it hoping to use it to replace worn parts on my emate and then
send it off to apple to get it refurbished. But after getting what I
need (ie. the screen) I really don't feel the need for two emates
around the house, so if you need one for parts, this may be your
lucky day. First let me tell you what's wrong with this unit:

no battery, half the screen is out of whack (only every fourth row of
pixels work) but the screen itself is not the problem, there is a
dark mark on the screen where presumably someone tried to close the
screen with the pen not in it's tray, there is a serial number
scratched into the bottom of the unit, and then (poorly) painted
over, missing original pen, it's generally in very used shape.

Now the good news, everything works fine, the pc card slot, the
serial ports, the IR port, keyboard etc. It just needs some cosmetic
issues (and the screen) dealt with.

I'm asking what I paid, $60 (or imaginative equivalent) plus shipping
to your particular area, and I'll throw in a few freebies from ben's
oddball newton collection.

Contact me off list if interested.

--
ben.