Re: [NTLK] Newton MessagePad 2100

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent_daudelin_at_fanniemae.com)
Date: Tue Sep 18 2001 - 15:10:28 EDT

on 9/18/01 2:55 PM, Sal Campos at scampos_at_mac.com wrote:

> can some find me a card on eBay or were ever that will work on my
> MessagePad2100 and I will buy it. I just want to make sure it works!!!!!
>
> If you are currently using the same card and it works fine please find me
> one just like it so I too can have one that works fine. Thanks
>

> --
> Sal Campos
> email: scampos_at_mac.com
>
>> From: "Laurent Daudelin" <laurent_daudelin_at_fanniemae.com>
>> Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2001 14:11:26 -0400
>> To: newtontalk_at_newtontalk.net
>> Subject: Re: [NTLK] Newton MessagePad 2100
>>

>> on 9/18/01 2:10 PM, Sal Campos at scampos_at_mac.com wrote:
>>
>>> I need a Ethernet card where can I buy one that will work with my
>>> MessagePad2100?
>>
>> Probably on eBay. Look at <http://www.chuma.org/newton/ethernet/> for
>> details on what cards are compatible.

Sal,

Again, go to <http://www.chuma.org/newton/ethernet/> and check the card that
are compatible (PN895, 3Com 3c589, 3c589B, 3c589C or 3c589D, TDK and RATOC
cards, etc.). Then, go to eBay and do a search for those models. You should
be able to get some.

-Laurent.

Halloween Documents n.: A pair of Microsoft internal strategy memoranda
leaked to ESR in late 1998 that confirmed everybody's paranoia about the
current Evil Empire. These documents praised the technical excellence of
Linux and outlined a counterstrategy of attempting to lock in customers by
"de-commoditizing" Internet protocols and services. They were extensively
cited on the Internet and in the press and proved so embarrassing that
Microsoft PR barely said a word in public for six months afterwards.