Re: [NTLK] Math/AutoCAD viewer, was Hello

From: Marco Mailand (Newton2k1_at_mac.com)
Date: Wed Sep 19 2001 - 08:20:06 EDT

> What sort of math functions exsist for the newton? I'm not an expert but
> look at 10Mhz TI Calcs (probably with Many Math chips and ask why a 2D or
3D
> non real time program couldn't exsist.
There's a nice package, called MathLib which enhances NS Basic and e.g.
WorksCalc by lots of math stuff. For 3D raytracing is no special math
needed, normal add/sub/mult/div does most, maybe some triogonometry comes in
handy. The most effort is in the definition of the data and parameter
handling as well as scanning of the input data. Consider a large 3D body
with many details into which you need to zoom in (on a tiny screen the most
important is to zoom into details quickly). On zooming you have to exclude
the data points which are anyway out of screen area in order to save
computing power.