Re: [NTLK] New Newton User (Part II)

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent_daudelin_at_fanniemae.com)
Date: Thu Sep 20 2001 - 10:47:06 EDT

on 9/20/01 10:05 AM, Daniel Smith at djoannidi_at_mac.com wrote:

> Assuming everything works as advertised, the eMate alone is going for 249.95
> Refurbished* and the linear cards are about US$15-$25 depending on when and
> where you buy them. I'd like to know how much the 24-pack of stuli cost,
> since SmallDog has the MP2k for $20 (I assume that's only one)
>
> Overall, it sounds sweet. BTW, if you're on a PC, it's fun to setup
> BasiliskII and emulate a Quadra running MacOS 8.1, with NCU connecting via
> Ethernet(AppleTalk) In some ways, the emulated MacOS is faster than my
> PowerPC at home. Scary.

Sure, if you emulate the Mac OS on a 1.7 GHz Peecee and you compare with a
6100, 7100, 7200 or even a 7300, the PC will cream the PowerPC...

-Laurent.

Internet Exploiter n.: Another common name-of-insult for Internet Explorer,
Microsoft's overweight Web Browser; more hostile than Internet Exploder.
Reflects widespread hostility to Microsoft and a sense that it is seeking to
hijack, monopolize, and corrupt the Internet. Compare Exploder and the less
pejorative Netscrape.