Re: [NTLK] New Newton User (Part II)

From: Daniel Smith (djoannidi_at_mac.com)
Date: Thu Sep 20 2001 - 10:05:45 EDT

Assuming everything works as advertised, the eMate alone is going for 249.95
Refurbished* and the linear cards are about US$15-$25 depending on when and
where you buy them. I'd like to know how much the 24-pack of stuli cost,
since SmallDog has the MP2k for $20 (I assume that's only one)

Overall, it sounds sweet. BTW, if you're on a PC, it's fun to setup
BasiliskII and emulate a Quadra running MacOS 8.1, with NCU connecting via
Ethernet(AppleTalk) In some ways, the emulated MacOS is faster than my
PowerPC at home. Scary.

If you lose out on the Ethernet Card, there's 75 in stock at
http://www.computer-show.com
3Com PCMCIA 10Base-T Etherlink Card
Model: 3C589C/D
US$14.00
http://www.computer-show.com/Modern/items.asp?CartId=5314736TSUNQ11&Cc=NET02
This might be compatible with the Newton, check http://www.chuma.org for
details on ethernet.

A shrewed eye and lots of pacience makes for some sound investments.
Congratulations!

--
Daniel Joannidi Smith
Student Developer