Re: [NTLK] play "MP3" files how to do it

From: Mark Rollins (mark_at_mrollins.com)
Date: Mon Sep 24 2001 - 08:47:46 EDT

From: John Johnson <kamikazebear_at_excite.com>
Subject: Re: [NTLK] play "MP3" files how to do it

> >I just found the best way to work with MP3 files; part of this was
> >written up before.
--snip--
>but what would be really cool is, I suppose you could have a directory of
>soundfiles on your card, and you could run them (like the CD player on the
>Mac but without the CDs, of course!) in the background perhaps, memory
>allowing, while you are amending your sketches or editing your notes, &c.
>Surely as the file is spooled through its own piece of memory a system
>--snip--

This would be great, but supposedly not possible with NewtonScript.
The methods I described does allow one - using SunRise - to pick a song
from a list, and play it while still working on their Newton. Also don't
forget, this method gives a smaler file (at east 1/2 the MP3 size).

--

Mark Rollins, CIH, CSP mark_at_mrollins.com www.mrollins.com